Herpes Home Test Kit
20% Off Test Kits, Use Discount Code: DoctorsHome20
Our home Herpes Test detects herpes simplex virus antibodies, with online results in 2 to 5 days.
What does it test for?
After the initial infection, HSV remains dormant in certain nerve cells of the affected area of the body for life. The dormant virus may reactivate and cause recurrences. Should symptoms occur they may inlcude:
- Bleeding easily
- Painful urination
- Flu-like symptoms
- Pain during sexual intercourse
- Rash on the genitals and/or anus
- Itching or irritation on the genitals and/or anus
- Unusual blisters or scabs around the mouth, genitals and/or anus
You should wait 12 weeks from the time of sexual contact before taking the test. The test will show if you have developed antibodies for either HSV-I or HSV-II. HSV antibodies can take a period of time to become detectable, and you should wait to ensure accurate results. If you are sexually active, regular testing is advised.
You should also consider getting tested if:
- You used a needle or syringe to inject drugs into your body that someone with herpes has already used
- You become sexually active
- You have had unprotected sex
- You are experiencing symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease
- You are entering into a new sexual relationship
- You have received a notification from a previous partner that they are infected (STDs can remain dormant for years or take up to three weeks to become active.)
The test must be taken fasted, before 9am and returned on the same day.
Herpes Simplex I (HSV-I)
Herpes Simplex I (HSV-I) is a virus which can cause infectious blisters in and around the mouth and on the face. This test uses a blood sample to detect HSV-I antibodies. The body develops antibodies against an HSV-I infection and these antibodies remain in your system for life.
Herpes Simplex II (HSV-II)
Herpes Simplex II (HSV-II) is a virus which can cause infectious blisters on the mouth, face, genitals and rectum. This test uses a blood sample to detect HSV-II antibodies. The body develops antibodies against an HSV-II infection and these antibodies remain in your system for life.
How it works
Collect Your Sample
Activate your test and collect your sample in the morning. Return your sample on the same day, using the prepaid shipping label provided.
Review Accurate Results
Once your sample arrives in the laboratory, confidential results will be available from your secure online account within 2 to 5 days.
Get Medical Support
Our dedicated team of nurses are available 24/7 and will call you to explain your results and provide treatment options.
Still have questions?
Here are some questions we usually get about our Coronavirus Test (COVID-19). If you would like yours answered, please contact us.